Practice Nurse: Approximately 17 hrs per week plus cover for holidays We are looking for an enthusiastic motivated and experienced Registered General Nurse to join our friendly and supportive semi-rural practice. The candidate must have experience in respiratory disease (asthma/COPD) management. Experience in childhood immunisation and cytology would be beneficial and previous employment in Primary Care would be desirable.
· Manage respiratory disease clinics
· Treatment room duties including dressings, ear syringing, ECGs, phlebotomy, vaccinations, assisting minor operations
· Assist in the care of practice patients. To include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education
· Registered General Nurse
· Membership of professional body
· To work in accordance with the NMC Code of professional conduct
· Good keyboard and computer skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Flexibility of working hours
· Ability to work without direct supervision and determine own workload
· Excellent team working skills, working as part of a small team within a larger team
· Responsible for attending to patients who wish to be seen by a health care professional and patients in respect of their continuing medical and nursing needs
· There is a requirement to see extra or emergency patients
· The Practice Nurse will be required to act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to practice policies, protocols and guidelines
· Good communication and relationships must be established and maintained with patients, colleagues and employers
Disclosure and Barring Service Check:
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Closing date: 11 August 2017
For full details including job description, person specification and application form go to the practice website www.wadebridgedoctors.co.uk or telephone the practice 01208 812222 for an application pack.
Applications MUST be made in writing with a completed application form and CV.