Good news! Our practice has access to more COVID19 vaccine stock arriving next week of Pfizer Covid 19 vaccinations which is first being offered to patients who meet the following criteria.
- You must be a patient of our practice
- Aged 80 or over
- Are not currently suffering from symptoms of covid 19
- Have not already been advised to self-isolate on the clinic
dates due to possible exposure to covid 19
- Are able to travel to Bodmin Treatment Centre, Boundary
Road, Bodmin PL31 2QT (on the Bodmin Hospital site) to
receive your vaccination (NB: limited toilet facility)
- Are able to walk a short distance from a car park into the
building or get dropped by someone who can wait to
collect you after your vaccination which will usually take
between 20-30 mins (housebound patients will be
contacted separately in due course)
If you meet all of the above, then we will be able to book you an appointment one of two ways:
- 1. Where we have a mobile phone number recorded on your
record we will send you a text with a link to book your
appointment – please use this method if possible to relieve
pressure on our phone lines).
- 2. All other patients aged 80 or above, we will be ringing you –
please do not ring us. Our main phone lines need to be
accessible for patient care and we have specific staff ringing on
other lines to book your covid vaccination appointment. We
cannot book ALL of you straight away and we may find that we
need to book some of you at a slightly later date when yet
another supply is received – but please don’t worry. Supplies are
coming quicker and quicker and even if we don’t get to speaking
to you before these appointments fill up, we anticipate opening
up more clinics very soon after, but obviously can only do so
when we are certain we will have enough vaccine in stock.
Please do not ring Bodmin Hospital to make enquiries about this vaccination programme. Your GP surgery will be able to answer your query.