- Approximately 25.5 hours per week plus cover for holidays
We are looking for an enthusiastic motivated and experienced Registered General Nurse to join our friendly and supportive semi-rural practice. The candidate must have experience in respiratory disease (asthma/COPD) management. Experience in childhood immunisation and cytology would be beneficial and previous employment in Primary Care would be desirable.
- Manage respiratory disease clinics
- Treatment room duties including dressings, ear syringing, ECGs, phlebotomy, vaccinations, assisting minor operations
- Assist in the care of practice patients. To include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education
- Registered General Nurse
- Membership of professional body
- To work in accordance with the NMC Code of professional conduct
- Good keyboard and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility of working hours
- Ability to work without direct supervision and determine own workload
- Excellent team working skills, working as part of a small team within a larger team
- Responsible for attending to patients who wish to be seen by a health care professional and patients in respect of their continuing medical and nursing needs
- There is a requirement to see extra or emergency patients
- The Practice Nurse will be required to act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to practice policies, protocols and guidelines
- Good communication and relationships must be established and maintained with patients, colleagues and employers
Disclosure and Barring Service Check:
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Closing Date: 4th December 2020
Applications MUST be made in writing with an accompanying CV.